An Illustrated Guide to the Rules of Civil Procedure, Third Edition is a next-generation civil procedure litigation supplemental text designed for a one or two-semester course. Using a hypothetical, yet realistic age-discrimination lawsuit, students are introduced to procedural rules and repeatedly assessed with question requiring practical application of the rules to the hypothetical case. With new co-author Jason R. Bent, the third edition is updated to include the 2015 amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and an exploration of class action requirements following Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. v. Dukes, along with an expanded discussion of appellate standards of review.
- Incorporates 2015 amendments to the Federal Rules governing preservation and production of eletronically stored information, with citations to 2016 authorities applying the new Rules
- Discussion of the proportionaltiy standard for discovery introduced by 2015 amendments
- New exploration of class action requirements, including application of the holding in Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. v. Dukes
- Expanded discussion of appellate standards of review.
- Reflects abrogation of Rule 84 and forms.
|Shipping Availability||This item ships within the next business day.|
|Edition||3rd ed., 2016|