The Practical Introduction to Paralegal Studies: Strategies for Success
$154.95 In stock:
List Price: $160.95
Hurry! Only 1 left!
- FREE SHIPPING!
- This item ships within the next business day.
- This item earns 154 LawRewards points!What are LawRewards?
Bridging the gap between the classroom and the real world, respected author Deborah E. Bouchoux offers this thorough exploration of the entire paralegal profession, as well as a specific inventory of what students will be expected to know, and the tasks they will be expected to perform, as working paralegals in law office and other legal environments.
This concise yet thorough orientation to the work of the paralegal provides :
- practical guidance for transferring and applying classroom lessons to the law office environment
- logical three-section organization:
- making connections between study skills, the paralegal profession, and the American legal system
- connecting paralegal research, analysis, and writing to the tasks of interviewing and investigations
- looking at the tasks of the working paralegal, different types of law practice, the law office environment, strategies for career development (including resume preparation, job interview preparation, and job resignations), and techniques for succeeding in the workplace
- topical coverage that closely adheres to the nature of paralegal work:
- effective ways to improve note taking
- how to respond to ethical misconduct in the workplace
- common blunders when using e-mail
- cultivating listening skills
- best practices for timekeeping and billing
- pedagogical devices that enhance learning, such as chapter overviews, key terms, marginal definitions, website references, case illustrations, practice tips, and chapter summaries
- research task exercises and Internet-based exercises in each chapter that mirror those performed by the working paralegal
Updated throughout, with new Case Illustrations, Discussion Questions, and Internet Closing Argument Assignments, the Second Edition offers:
- an overview of recent amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure regarding the production of electronically stored information
- discussion of class action suits and multidistrict litigation
- a review of new electronic tools used in law firms
- discussion of cutting-edge topics, such as electronically existing metadata and its implications for attorney-client privilege, and whether legal blawgs constitute advertising
- a fresh look at professional appearance, demeanor, and etiquette in the workplace
- new and updated information on salary trends, popular paralegal fields, billable hour requirements, and more
Emphasizing practical skills and the role of the paralegal, Deborah E. Bouchoux shines a light on the paralegal profession by showing students what paralegals actually do.
|Shipping Availability||This item ships within the next business day.|
|Edition||2nd ed., 2009|