K: A Common Law Approach to Contracts is a highly focused, case-based contract law text from the distinguished writing team of George and Korobkin. In addition to offering a comprehensive treatment of the basic issues of contract law, this stimulating casebook emphasizes development of analogical reasoning skills throughout. Each section is limited to three types of materials — brief narrative, judicial opinions and discussion problems — and is designed to teach students how to read opinions, analyze issues, distinguish material from immaterial facts, and apply holdings to similar problems.
• Highly regarded author team has written more than 50 law journal articles and several legal texts.
• Lean, focused, case-based text can be taught in a one-semester course.
• Comprehensive treatment of first-year contract law.
• Each section organized to promote methods of legal reasoning , including:
• A brief narrative that states a basic, fundamental proposition of contract law and guidance as to the second order doctrinal issues raised.
• Edited judicial opinions.
• Provocative discussion problems, designed for analysis from the perspectives of the judge and the opposing parties.
• Judicial opinions include classic and contemporary cases in contract law.
• Discussion problems simulate the fact patterns students will be given in final exam.
|Shipping Availability||This item ships within the next business day.|