OSHA Guide for the Construction Industry
$322.96 In stock:
List Price: $339.95
- FREE SHIPPING!
- This item ships in 3 to 5 business days.
- This item earns 322 LawRewards points!What are LawRewards?
The OSHA Guide for the Construction Industry provides construction employers with the strong foundation of knowledge needed for a safer jobsite. The guide focuses on standards most frequently overlooked and violated by employers in the construction industry, including a list of the top 20 most-violated construction industry standards.
The guide helps ease an employer’s regulatory burden with reproducible safety inspection checklists, print and electronic sample safety plans, easy-to-understand information about OSHA construction standards, and discussion of OSHA rules and recent interpretations.
In this edition of the OSHA Guide for the Construction Industry, you will find detailed discussion of the new Cranes and Derricks Standard (effective Nov. 2010); information on OSHA’s new Severe Violator Enforcement Policy and proposed rulemaking on exposure to silica; discussion of OSHA interpretations and memorandums on the requirement to present training in a manner that all employees can understand; and much more.
Key chapters in the guide include these and others:
- Chapter containing more than 40 safety inspection checklists, which can be used by employers to inspect their business and jobsites for compliance with OSHA.
- Completely revised chapter on Hazard Communication, modified to reflect the changes from aligning OSHA's standard with the United Nations' Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS).
- Separate, in-depth chapters on excavation and trenching, asbestos, fall protection, andscaffolds.
- Chapter containing six sample plans: Emergency Action, Excavation and Trenching, Fall Protection for Residential Construction, General Health and Safety for Construction, Hazard Assessment and PPE, and Hazard Communication.
- Chapter on how to identify training needs, with an overview of OSHA training fundamentals, summarizing requirements by topic.
- Digest of over 140 OSHA construction industry standards, designed as a working summary for employers and containing a citation for the regulation discussed.
- Recordkeeping, reporting, and posting requirements, including sample 300 and 301 logs, along with discussion of how to record an injury for commuting employees involved in motor vehicle accidents. Also includes a directory of state and federal health and safety agencies.
Please note: The price covers the current edition in its binder and one annual update, providing you with two years of vital compliance information. You can rest easy, knowing that when it is time for the next edition, you will automatically receive updated contents to insert in the distinctive Blue Gavel Press binder.
|Shipping Availability||This item ships in 3 to 5 business days.|
|Author||Blue Gavel Press|
|Edition||18th ed., 2015|
|Publisher||Blue Gavel Press|