Nolo's Working With Independent Contractors: The Employer’s Legal Guide
$33.95 In stock:
- Shipping only $395
- This item ships within 1 to 2 business days.
- This item earns 33 LawRewards points!What are LawRewards?
If your business hires independent contractors, freelancers or consultants, this is the essential guide for you
Working with independent contractors can save you a bundle -- but the rules regarding who qualifies are complicated, and misclassifying a worker can result in serious financial penalties from your state or IRS.
If you hire programmers, writers, designers, marketing consultants, nurses, janitors, telemarketers, drivers -- in a word, anyone -- on a contractual basis, you need Working With Independent Contractors. This book shows you how to:
- create a valid contract
- assess who qualifies as an independent contractor
- hire ICs without risking an audit
- retain ownership of intellectual property when using ICs
- handle an IRS audit
- take advantage of the IRS's "Safe Harbor" law
This edition -- completely revised to reflect the latest laws and court rulings -- includes detailed examples of how a business should hire freelancers. Plus, this book comes with all the contracts you'll need.
|Shipping Availability||This item ships within 1 to 2 business days.|
|Edition||8th ed., 2014|