IRS Practice & Procedure Deskbook
$427.95 In stock:
List Price: $450.00
- FREE SHIPPING!
- This item ships within 1 to 2 business days.
- This item earns 427 LawRewards points!What are LawRewards?
Written by leading tax attorneys with extensive government and private practice experience, Internal Revenue Service Practice & Procedure Deskbook is an indispensible resource for tax lawyers, accountants, taxpayers and in-house corporate tax directors.
The Deskbook provides the thorough legal, procedural, and strategic information you need to represent clients more effectively when dealing with the IRS, including guidance on:
- Examinations — including how to deal with IRS document requests, narrow the scope of IRS audits, and reach settlements.
- Large and Mid-Size Business Examinations — from how to prepare for LMSB examinations to how to use IRS programs to expedite resolutions.
- Assessments — with clear coverage of IRS assessment procedures and the Code’s complex mitigation provisions.
- Civil Penalties — including steps you can take to abate penalties and minimize the risk of particular penalties being asserted.
- Tax Fraud — with details on how to make voluntary disclosures to avoid investigations, assemble defense teams, and deploy “good faith” and other defenses.
- Appeals — including how to proceed effectively in appeals conferences and pick the right settlement options for each client.
- Litigation — with guidance on how to select the most favorable judicial forum for each case and cope with the Tax Court’s unique rules of practice and procedure.
- Collections — from Collection Due Process hearings to surefire solutions to clients’ collection problems.
Updated annually or as needed, The Internal Revenue Service Practice and Procedure Deskbook offers analysis of key Tax Court decisions and other case law • highlighted Practice Pointers and other tips on steps to take and traps to avoid • real-world case studies and hypothetical examples clarifying important tax issues and strategies • convenient charts outlining civil and criminal tax-related penalties • and more.
* Title may include Basic Upkeep Service, whereby supplements, replacement pages and new editions may be shipped to you immediately upon publication for a 30-day examination. This service is cancelable at any time.
|Shipping Availability||This item ships within 1 to 2 business days.|
|Edition||4th ed., 2010|
|Publisher||Practising Law Institute|