Incorporate Your Business: A Legal Guide to Forming a Corporation in Your State
$47.95 In stock:
List Price: $49.98
- Shipping only $395
- This item ships within 1 to 2 business days.
- This item earns 47 LawRewards points!What are LawRewards?
Incorporate Your Business lays out everything you need to know about corporate laws and regulations in your state, clearly explaining:
- why and when to incorporate
- how to prepare and file articles of incorporation, prepare bylaws and corporate records, and issue stock
- what you need to know about corporate taxation, including distribution of stock and stock options
- whether or not to elect S corporation tax status
- how to incorporate an existing business
Plus, you can save thousands of dollars in attorneys' fees by incorporating a business yourself --" Incorporate Your Business" guides you through each step. In the end, your business will enjoy a number of advantages, including:
- Limited Liability
- Incorporating your business limits personal liability for business debts -- this means owners are not normally financially liable for business debts and court judgments.
- Tax Advantages
- You can split business income between yourself and your corporation, thereby lowering income taxes.
- Access to Capital
- Corporations have better access to private venture capital than any other type of business. They are also well positioned to raise capital by selling shares to the public.
- Employee Perks
The owners of a corporation who work for the business are treated as employees. They can take advantage of tax-deductible, corporate-paid benefits such as:
- pension plans
- stock-option and stock bonus plans
- medical expense reimbursement
- term life insurance coverage
Incorporate Your Business provides the forms you need, including articles of incorporation, bylaws, minutes, stock certificates and resolutions.
This edition is revised and updated to cover all changes in state, federal, and tax law. Additionally, the 50-state appendix found in previous editions has been redesigned for ease of use, including updated information on all 50 states' corporate filing offices, securities offices, and corporate law statues.
|Shipping Availability||This item ships within 1 to 2 business days.|
|Edition||8th ed., 2015|