In Chambers: A Guide for Judicial Clerks & Externs
$49.95 In stock:
List Price: $55.00
- FREE SHIPPING!
- This item ships within the next business day.
- This item earns 49 LawRewards points!What are LawRewards?
In Chambers is a refreshingly brief and focused book that addresses the key concepts and basic skills clerks and externs need to have on day one. It explains rudimentary tasks, such as reading a docket sheet and working with a case file, and offers detailed instructions on drafting jury instructions. Sources of authority commonly relied upon by the courts are identified for specific topics, and a helpful note-taking system is provided. Standards of review are covered in detail, including the standard for mixed questions of fact and law. Useful checklists are provided as well for drafting documents. Exercises at the end of chapters evaluate the reader’s comprehension and application of the materials. The text of In Chambers is informed by the author's own experience as a judicial clerk as well as her involvement with the externship programs at Appalachian School of Law and Mercer University School of Law.
- Addresses key concepts and basic skills that clerks and externs need to have on day one
- Explains rudimentary tasks
- reading a docket sheet
- working with a case file
- Offers detailed instructions on drafting jury instructions
- Identifies sources of authority commonly relied upon by the courts in specific areas
- Provides a helpful note-taking system
- Explains standards of review in detail
- includes standard for mixed questions of fact and law
- Includes checklists for drafting documents
- Features chapter-ending exercises
- evaluate the reader’s comprehension
- apply materials to real situations
- Informed by author's experience
- served as a judicial clerk
- involved in the externship programs at Appalachian School of Law and Mercer University School of Law
|Shipping Availability||This item ships within the next business day.|
|Edition||1st ed., 2012|