Handbook of Civil Procedure in the Massachusetts District Court
$119.00 In stock:
List Price: $129.95
- FREE SHIPPING!
- This item ships within 1 to 2 business days.
- This item earns 119 LawRewards points!What are LawRewards?
By Professor Marc G. Perlin and retired District Court administrator John M. Connors
Get the 2016 cumulative supplement completely free when you purchase the Handbook!
With record numbers of new civil filings in the District Court, it’s more important than ever to have all the details of District Court civil procedure at your fingertips…
– to take advantage of all the procedural options that can speed your plaintiff's case – or maximize your defense.
– to avoid missteps that can cause procedural confusion, unproductive delays and needless trips to court.
– to effectively – and efficiently – navigate your way to the best result possible for your client.
Purchase the Handbook today and become an instant master of District Court civil procedure. The book covers every new procedural step and every “trap for the unwary.”
For example, DO YOU KNOW …
• How to avoid ... or obtain ... a prompt dismissal for "improper procedural amount" (the 25,000 damage amount)?
• What to tell your process server to protect yourself from an automatic Rule 4(j) dismissal?
• All the venue options that now apply ... and how to use them to your advantage?
• How to get the best payment orders in your supplementary process actions? • The new rules for obtaining default judgments?
• What you now must file ... and when ... to obtain judicial findings and rulings?
• How to seek and get an "Order of Notice" ... now that the Secretary of State's office is no longer involved?
• How to use the District Court "Opposition Procedure" to avoid needless trips to court?
The Handbook has been cited numerous times in opinions by the Supreme Judicial Court, the Appeals Court, and the Appellate Divisions of the District and Boston Municipal Courts. It will give you all the answers....to these and hundreds of other questions that arise in your busy practice.
|Shipping Availability||This item ships within 1 to 2 business days.|
|Edition||4th ed., 2009 w/ 2016 supp|