Examples & Explanations: Securities Regulations
$46.95 In stock:
List Price: $51.95
Hurry! Only 1 left!
- Shipping only $395
- Order now and this item
- This item earns 46 LawRewards points!What are LawRewards?
Securities Regulation: Examples and Explanations, informal and student-friendly, this study guide gives an overview of federal securities regulation and illustrates the topic with practical applications. It combines clear introductions with examples and explanations that test students’ understanding of concepts and give them practice applying the law to fact patterns—many drawn from current events.
- Updates on recent Supreme Court rulings: Amgen Inc. (proof of materiality); Suisse Securities (statute of limitations); Janus Capital (making of false statements); Halliburton (proof of loss causation); Matrixx Initiatives (materiality); Morrison (extraterritorial securities fraud)
- The new JOBS Act: new definitions of "public company"; disclosure and internal-control exemptions for "emerging growth companies"; broader marketing of private placements; new mini-public offering registration process; and new registration exemptions and liability scheme for "crowdfunding"
- Actual use (with charts) of the various registration exemptions exemptions under the Securities Act of 1933, including intrastate, Reg D, Reg A and statutory 4(2) offerings.
- The status of recent high-profile securities litigation, including fraud in the marketing of subprime mortgages, largest-ever insider trading convictions
- New, updated examples and explanations based on recent developments: class action litigation under Rule 10b-5, fraud in selling mortgage-backed securities, liability for inaccurate credit ratings, exemptions under JOBS Act
|Shipping Availability||This item ships within the next business day.|
|Edition||6th ed., 2014|