We offer a wide variety of digital products, including eBooks and audio that you can download immediately, as well as instantly delivered access codes that allow you to access products from our publisher partners. To help, we've created this FAQ section that is broken down by product type.
West Academic Study Aid Subscriptions
What is Study Aids Subscription?
- An online subscription based service that provides electronic access to hundreds of study aids. With this service, you can take notes, highlight and "mark up" your study aids and you can create a list of "favorite" study aids for easy access.
How do I access West Academic's Study Aids Subscription?
- Once you make your purchase, you can enjoy instant access! Just check your order confirmation email and your access code will be included in that email. Once you have the access code, visit http://subscription.westacademic.com. You will need to create an account and sign in. Once you have either created an account or signed into an existing account, click on “redeem code” located in the drop down under your name in the upper left.
What content is available in the subscription?
- The subscription gives you access to study aids from West Academic Publishing, Foundation Press and Gilbert. Content includes: Overviews: An overview of a subject area; help reinforce class discussion and professor lectures. Outlines: Helps you organize and understand legal rules and concepts covered in class. Case Briefs: Helps you identify and understand the key takeaways from the cases you read in your casebook. Exam Prep: Helps you prepare for exam questions and contains answers and explanations. Career Guides: Start planning now for your legal career and get help with all aspects of your job search. Academic Success: Get the most of law school with these titles.
What subscription terms available?
- Subscription lengths can be purchased in the following terms: 1, 3, 6, 9 or 12 month subscriptions.
Can I cancel my subscription?
- No, unfortunately, once purchased, subscriptions cannot be cancelled.
How will I be billed for the Study Aids Subscription and when does the billing start?
- A credit card must be used to purchase the Study Aids Subscription and a one- time payment is billed to the card covering the length of the subscription. The subscription access starts at the time of the purchase.
Can I stop and restart my subscription?
- We are unable to freeze your subscription. Once activated, the subscription will run the length of the term that was selected at the time of purchase.
Will my notes still be there if I end my subscription and start up again at a later date?
- Yes. Your notes and other mark-up will be there if you re-subscribe at a future date using the same credentials.
Can I print material?
- Yes. You can print unlimited pages from the browser view of a book. Or, if you open the eReader that supports highlighting and note taking, you can print 150 print pages per month from that eReader (a month is defined as 30 days, starting on the day access begins). Once monthly allotment is reached you are allowed to print one page at a time until the next print allotment is granted, or you can return to unlimited printing from the browser view. NOTE FOR CHROME USERS: Due to an incompatibility with Chrome’s version of Flash, we highly recommend using a browser other than Chrome (i.e. Firefox or IE) for best printing results.
Can I copy and paste material?
Can I add notes and highlights?
- Yes. You have two options: Copy as much book text as you want from the browser into your own document, then add notes or highlights, or, from the browser view of a book, click the “Add Notes or Highlights” button, then add notes or highlights from the Tools tab of the eReader that opens.
Can I view the books on an eReader device, such as a Kindle™ or Nook?
Can these products be viewed on a mobile device, such as an iPad or iPhone?
- Yes. These products can be viewed on any device with an internet connection, including mobile devices. However, you cannot take notes, make highlight, or view flash cards on mobile devices.
Is there a Tech Support phone number for the West Academic Study Aid Subscription product?
- Yes, you can reach Tech Support for this product at 1-877-888-1330 (#4), M-F 9am-5pm CST.