Popular casebook author Freer makes the complex principles of civil procedure accessible and fun for students in this student treatise. Using humor, real-world examples and light-hearted scholarship, he breaks down the doctrines of civil procedure into easy-to-understand components, and then brings them together to show how they form a comprehensive body of law.
The Third Edition has been updated to include discussion of key new Supreme Court and lower court decisions that are reshaping civil procedure law. It also includes revisions to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and provides commentary on e-discovery, including the problem of waiver of privilege for inadvertent production.
• Comprehensive coverage of all topics in civil procedure.
• Suitable for use with any civil procedure coursebook.
• User-friendly chapter introductions explain and contextualize key concepts.
• Integrates discrete topics and doctrines into a comprehensive whole
• Stimulating hypotheticals for especially difficult principles, highlighted in bulleted lists.
• Shows students how to apply doctrine and rules to facts.
• Light-hearted presentation, using amusing, real-world examples to illustrate principles.
• Thoroughly updated, the revised Third Edition includes
• Important revisions to Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
• New Supreme Court cases, including Iqbal, Hertz, Shady Grove, Espinoza, Mohawk, and Krupski.
• Discussion of several lower-court cases related to the Class Action Fairness Act.
•Commentary on e-discovery, including the problem of waiver of privilege for inadvertent production.
|Shipping Availability||This item ships within the next business day.|
|Author||Richard D. Freer|
|Edition||3rd ed., 2012|