Cite-Checker: Your Guide to Using the Bluebook
$66.95 In stock:
Hurry! Only 1 left!
- FREE SHIPPING!
- This item ships within the next business day.
- This item earns 66 LawRewards points!What are LawRewards?
Cite-Checker: Your Guide to Using The Bluebook, provides students with a comprehensive self-paced guide to citation form according to The Bluebook. This book fills the need for a short and simple guide to the most common types of citations used by practitioners so that the task of cite-checking will be easier and less frustrating. Arranged in a building-block approach, students first master primary authorities, followed by secondary authorities and then the use of quotations, signals, and short forms. In each instance, The Bluebook rules are explained, and then examples are given. Practical exercises, with the answer keys in the appendix, help teach students to present citations correctly.
- Updated to the 20th edition of The Bluebook
- An easy-to-use, self-paced tutorial to citation form that includes rules, exercises, and answers
- Numerous examples of commonly encountered citations
- Enhanced information on citing to materials included on the Federal Digital System
- New chapter devoted exclusively to citation forms for Lexis, WestlawNext, and the Internet with comprehensive treatment of Internet citation forms
- Pragmatic and helpful information on commonly encountered practice issues such as truncating unwieldy Internet URLs, updating your Bluebook to ensure it is consistent with the most current Bluebook printing, and using tools such as WestlawNext to assist with cite-checking
- Explanations of the rules established in The Bluebook along with a complete and thorough overview of citation form
- Hands-on exercises in each chapter, with answer keys to the exercises included in the text
- Practice Tips, offering practical advice on using The Bluebook, in every chapter
- A logical, step-by-step format to help students build confidence with citation skills
- A bonus section on preparing tables of authorities for briefs and court documents, a topic not covered in either The Bluebook or ALWD
|Shipping Availability||This item ships within the next business day.|
|Edition||4th ed., 2016|