Cases & Materials on Criminal Law (American Casebook Series) CaseBookPlus
$242.00 In stock:
List Price: $250.00
Hurry! Only 1 left!
- FREE SHIPPING!
- This item ships within the next business day.
- This item earns 242 LawRewards points!What are LawRewards?
CasebookPlus offers you:
- A new print casebook — purchased, not rented
- Lifetime access to the casebook's downloadable eBook — complete with easy-to-search text
- A 12-month subscription to the digital Learning Library, which includes access to:Student self-assessment quizzes prepared by professors knowledgeable in the particular field of law — with links to Hornbook Series® excerpts
- Digital access to select study aids, often titles from our Nutshell Series®, Acing Series® and ExamPro® Series
- Gilbert® Law Dictionary with definitions of more than 4,000 legal terms and phrases
- A personal outline starter with a downloadable table of contents and a capsule summary from a Black Letter Outline®
This popular casebook, through the selection of classic and modern cases, provides an excellent tool for teaching students the common law foundations of the criminal law and modern statutory reform, including the Model Penal Code. Along the way, the casebook considers modern controversies (e.g., "shaming" punishment, capital punishment, broadening sexual assault law, self-defense by battered women, euthanasia, the role of culture in determining culpability), and creatively uses literature (e.g., examining insanity through Edgar Allen Poe's The-Tell Tale Heart) and even "brain teasers" to confront (as the Preface states) "the Big Questions . . . that philosophers, theologians, scientists, and poets, as well as lawyers, have grappled with for centuries." Includes new cases, as well as updates in the notes that bring current issues of criminal law to the fore.
|Shipping Availability||This item ships within the next business day.|
|Edition||7th ed., 2016|