Black's Law Dictionary, Deluxe Edition
$132.95 In stock:
List Price: $140.00
- FREE SHIPPING!
- Order now and this item
- This item earns 132 LawRewards points!What are LawRewards?
With this deluxe edition of the venerable Black's Law Dictionary, you get the standard clarity and expanded coverage you have come to expect from this product. This deluxe edition offers a more elegant faux leather cover, as well as better paper quality than the standard edition. In addition, this deluxe edition offers handy thumb-indentations to help you get to the correct section quickly. For more than a century, Black’s has been the gold standard for the language of law. Today, it’s the most widely cited law book in the world. By Editor in Chief Bryan A. Garner, the world’s leading legal lexicographer, the 10th Edition is the most authoritative, comprehensive law dictionary ever published. It contains more than 50,000 terms and includes:
- More than 7,500 terms new to this edition, including affluenza defense, bioweapon, cryptanalysis, gazump, hacker, legaldygook, intrapreneur, mommy track, one-bite rule, psephology, unperson, and zero-tolerance law
- 16,000 new definitions and expanded bibliographic coverage, with more than twice as many sources quoted and cited than in the 9th Edition
- Earliest usage dates in English-language contexts for nearly all terms (Black’s is the only legal dictionary with this feature)
- Trusted authority – every term has been reviewed for accuracy by attorneys across the country
- Definitions of more than 1,000 law-related abbreviations and acronyms
- Pronunciation guidance
- Thoroughly reviewed and edited Latin maxims, with 900 new maxims added
The Black's Law Dictionary Deluxe Edition makes a great gift for a new law student or the recent law school grad.
|Shipping Availability||This item ships within the next business day.|
|Edition||10th ed., 2014 (Deluxe Ed.)|