Basic Real Estate and Property Law for Paralegals
$151.50 In stock:
Basic Real Estate and Property Law for Paralegals lays out the foundations of the law in a readable format. A thorough yet manageable introduction with helpful examples that clarify the paralegal’s role. Covers Estates in Land and Future Interests; Titles; Land Use; Conveyancing; Closing Procedures; Condos, Co-ops, and Commercial Property; and Landlord-Tenant law.
Key Features of the New Edition:
• Clear examples help paralegal students understand the material.
• Final chapter on personal property introduces students to essential concepts of tangible and intangible property.
• Helpful chapter pedagogy, including key terms, practical tips, ethical points, and chapter summaries, reinforces the discussions in the book.
• Edited cases in each chapter give students practice reading and analyzing case decisions.
• Legal forms in each chapter provide examples and practice documents on a topic-by-topic basis.
• Extensive practice and review features with end-of chapter review points, exercises, activities, and analytical situational analyses.
• Coverage of very recent Supreme Court cases—the “Obamacare” decisions, the Defense of Marriage Act decision, and key rulings on recess appointments and First Amendment Rights
• New material on national security legislation and whistleblowers.
• Updated discussions of justifiable use of force, intellectual property, abortion rights, capital punishment, and affirmative action.
|Shipping Availability||This item ships within the next business day.|
|Edition||5th ed., 2015|