Basic Legal Writing for Paralegals
$138.95 In stock:
List Price: $145.95
Hurry! Only 1 left!
- FREE SHIPPING!
- Order now and this item
- This item earns 138 LawRewards points!What are LawRewards?
Samborn and Yelin offer a modern, readable approach to effective legal writing with the fifth edition of Basic Legal Writing for Paralegals. The authors provide comprehensive coverage in an accessible format tailored to the needs of paralegal students. The practical approach emphasizes the role of the paralegal and how different types of legal writing are used in practice. The text begins with an overview of the legal system that provides clear context for the different types of writing covered in the text. Then, the authors give step-by-step instruction on the writing process, leading students through each stage of legal writing, from prewriting strategies to revising. The comprehensive coverage includes the IRAC method, how to synthesize cases and authorities, legal memoranda, persuasive writing, in-house and objective client documents, and letters, and the citation coverage has been updated to the 20th edition of the Bluebook and the 5th edition of the ALWD Guide to Legal Citation.
- Expanded discussion of e-mail and e-memos.
- Additional exercises added to every chapter
- Citation coverage updated to the 20th edition of the Bluebook and the 5th edition of the ALWD Guide to Legal Citation
- Updated website resources
- Detailed discussion of how to use legal authorities in legal communications and how to synthesize them and present them to attorneys.
- Examples, exhibits, expert writing tips, updated exercises, and web resources in every chapter.
- Excellent pedagogy for students includes Net Notes, Ethics Alerts, and Practice Pointers included throughout
- Checklists for completing each legal communication discussed in the text.
- Detailed examples provide useful models for students.
- Subheadings provide quick access to topics.
- Helpful appendices include coverage of citation, writing strategies, and sample legal memoranda.
|Shipping Availability||This item ships within the next business day.|
|Edition||5th ed., 2016|