In this new, updated edition of Advanced Negotiation and Mediation Theory and Practice, Paul Zwier and Thomas Guernsey present a strategic planning and integrated systematic approach to negotiation, which recognizes that both adversarial and problem-solving strategies have distinct advantages and that lawyers need to combine styles and strategies to achieve the best results for their clients.
Zwier and Guernsey provide attorneys with an outline to plan and implement effective negotiation techniques, using up-to-date situations throughout the book to demonstrate how understanding negotiation theory and practice can help them partner with their clients to make better strategic use of negotiation. The authors break down the counseling process into stages and show what information the client needs to make an informed decision. They then suggest and give examples of the techniques and skills that might be used to implement that decision in a negotiation and or mediation setting.
New material for this edition includes:
• new and expanded template for case evaluation
• new section on creative solutions for breaking deadlocks
• new section on forgiveness and reconciliation
• new ideas for integrating negotiation theory in mediation settings
• expanded discussion on ethics
• examples from products liability cases, employment cases
• new discussion of creative peacemaking from international conflicts
|Shipping Availability||This item ships within the next business day.|
|Edition||2nd ed., 2016|