$199.95 In stock:
Hurry! Only 1 left!
- FREE SHIPPING!
- This item ships within the next business day.
- This item earns 199 LawRewards points!What are LawRewards?
For the modern course on theory and practice, Coastal Law features engaging coverage of laws meant to balance public and private interests in coastal resources and their application in coastal communities. Designed with instructor’s needs in mind, the organization structures readings and questions for ease of course design and execution. The Teacher’s Manual includes model syllabi for both semester and quarter-length courses and extensive discussion questions. A state-of-the art approach to helping students prepare for class uses informative and interesting boxes, “quick questions,” maps, photographs, and diagrams that both help connect students with the material and optimize retention. Unique, multi-disciplinary content gives a concise introduction to basic coastal geology, ecology, geography, and economics that students need in order to understand coastal law and policy. On the cutting-edge of issues such as climate change, oil spill litigation, and hurricane insurance, Coastal Law showcases the most recent, important cases on coastal land-use regulation. End-of-chapter summaries and exercises aid in comprehension of material, allow for interim self-testing, and encourage in-class review.
Features of Coastal Law
- structures readings and questions for ease of course design and execution
- Teacher’s Manual with model syllabi (for semester and quarter-length courses) and extensive discussion questions
State-of-the art approach to helping students prepare for class
- informative and interesting boxes
- “Quick questions,” maps, photographs, and diagrams
- connects students with the material
- optimizes retention
Unique, multi-disciplinary content
- concise introduction to coastal geology, ecology, geography, and economics needed to understand law and policy
- most recent, important cases on coastal land-use regulation
- cutting-edge issues
- impact of climate change
- oil spill litigation
- hurricane insurance
Combines theory with practice
- presents theoretical underpinnings of environmental and property law
- prepares students for representation of landowners, conservation groups, and state and federal agencies
End-of-chapter summaries and exercises
- heightened comprehension of material
- interim self-testing
- in-class review
|Shipping Availability||This item ships within the next business day.|
|Author||Josh Eagle, Meg Caldwell|
|Edition||1st ed., 2011|